In these challenging times of the Covid-19 pandemic we at Brooks Road Animal Hospital are committed to protecting the health of our patients, clients, staff, and community. In order to more fully comply with recommendations for social distancing while also ensuring that our patients stay healthy we are implementing the following procedures.
Our building is open for clients and their pets with some restrictions to help us maintain appropriate social distancing.
1. Please call for an appointment. Be prepared to update your telephone number and advise us why you are bringing your pet in. Please bring cats in carriers and dogs on a leash.
2. Please plan to have one person per pet in the waiting room and examination room. Others should wait in their car.
3. When you enter the building, if you see that there are two people in the waiting room, wait outside or in the car. Call 901-332-4550 so we can find a safe place for everyone.
4. Masks are required at all times.
5. New clients please fill out the information form on this website prior to your visit.
6. Be sure to order refills of medications and prescription diets long before they are needed. We are experiencing supply chain shortages and delays.
Our clinic hours are 7:30-4:30 Monday-Friday and 8:00-12:00 Saturday.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during these challenging times!
Some more tips and information:
- At this time there is no evidence that pets can be infected with Covid-19.
- The AVMA recommends that persons who are infected with Covid-19 have someone else in the home care for their pet. This will reduce the chances of the virus settling in the pet’s fur and possibly infecting other people.
- In case we are instructed to shelter in place and not leave our homes, it is recommended to have a two week supply of pet food and necessary medications on hand in the home.
- Our online store at brooksroadah.com is an excellent source for your pet’s food and medications. They can be shipped to your door.
Susan Moon, DVM
Brooks Road Animal Hospital